Can I put new hard wood floor over existing wood floor?

Hello,
I'm going to be installing new 3/4 brazilian cherry hardwood flooring in my 1928 home and I was wondering if it's ok to use the existing (original 1928) 3/4 hardwood flooring as a subfloor? If so Do I need felt paper over it?
The existing flooring is secure and has no sqeaks. BTW. I don't want to refinish the existing floor.
Thanks for any input.
In article
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com says...

If it's level and you don't parallel the seams, you should be fine. Felt paper wouldn't hurt.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.
Generally it's ok to use the existing flooring as a subfloor, as long as it's solid. Does the floor squeak? If it does, now is the time to tighten all the old planks. I usually see the flooring gurus recommend the new flooring should be laid perpendicular to the existing to limit movement. If you don't use any paper between the two layers, you will have a lot of squeaking as they slide against each other. Maybe you should post this in the home repair group. And also look at the Fine Homebuilding website, they have great forums on a lot of subjects. Mark
Jason wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Jason) wrote in <d5d88e7c.0401251348.29c53868 @posting.google.com>:

I believe red rosin paper is what you want. Allows slipping between layers for expansion