buck brothers planes

Page 2 of 2

I can do the same job with cheaper planes. If I was starting from scratch, I'd buy the Buck for practice. If I tuned it to usefulness, fine. If not, then I've learned things at little cost and have a fairly decent doorstop. Then I can go on to picking up old SBs a Lot cheaper than LN. Better machined and thicker blades are not worth the difference in price. The LV shoulder planes, however, are on my list. I can't even come close to what they've done for shoulder planes by buying an old Stanley.
Rather than Buck Bros., you might consider Anant planes sold by Highland Hardware. Mutt
lucky4fingers wrote:

I'd rather drive a Ford.
The Yugo of handplanes....seriously I don't think Anant planes are any better than Buck Bros.
Layne
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:18:37 +0000, Andy Dingley