Bringing wires through a desk top

Do some research on the Philadelphia Experiment. Reportedly, after the last test, there were crewman imbedded in the deck of the ship. You could use something like that to pass wires through the desk without drilling. Or, rout a hole and use a grommet made for that.

Reply to
CW

Lots of good suggestions, but not the "best" way to solve your problem. The desk is against the wall so you can't drop the wires. You don't want to drill a hole and I can understand that. The solution is simple.

Make a decorative series of notches along the back of the desktop. that will allow the wires to go between the desk and wall. then carefully place a strip of duct tape over the wires from the edge to the appliance. Duct tape fits in all occasions and no one will notice it. Offers some safety from getting things snagged in the cords.

Please be sure to post photos once in place so we may all admire your work.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Any chance of installing outlets in the wall of the alcove?

Reply to
Prometheus

I sort of favor mauve draped gracefully, and scones.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

that's what I was wondering... and not bothering to put a phone jack in the wall.... we got a set of the 5.whatever gig cordless phones.. came with 2 phones and we added an extra for the shop.. they're fantastic! Just put the base unit somewhere other than the desk and the small footprint cordless base/phone on the desk.. YMMV