brass tubing

I'm building a cradle and the plans call for brass lamp tubing 1/2 OD. Anybody know where to find this? John
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Quadindad2) wrote:

Hardware store. Look for a rack of hobbyist metals. A company whose name I forgot supplies the rack to stores. I've seen identical displays at Ace and somewhere else in town.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

Take a look here and do a search for what you want.
http://www.mcmaster.com /

On 27 Apr 2004 13:19:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Quadindad2) wrote:

Any hobby shop that carries model building supplies. A common brand name is K&S.
Barry
Depending on the size of city that you live in (don't think you would find one in Snowball, Ark) you might try a hobby shop, the ones that have a lot of radio control models. RM~

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

improvement stores. I haven't looked in awhile, so that may or may not still be true.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Unless you can find thick-walled outlets, the K&S tubing might be a bit light weight, but it's worth looking. Most hobby shops also hold a K&S rack or two.
More appropriate might be...
Electric Craftsman Inc Address: 1424 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343 Phone: (952) 935-6739

It's not clear what function the brass tubing will serve in the cradle. If it is to be a bushing of sorts then the thin wall stuff you get at hobby stores probably wouldn't do. Larry
Thanks all, I did find it at my local hobby shop. It is for the pivot bushings, and yes it is very thin. Thanks again, John