"Bold ways with wood floors"

Bold ways with wood floors A few years ago, homeowners who wanted a hardwood floor had anywhere from 20 to 30 tree species from which to select. at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040525-092241-9031r.htm
On 26 May 2004 07:41:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Mike) wrote:

If you avoid the BORG, you still have many choices.
This guy will mill almost anything into flooring:
<http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/flooring/index.html
He lists a dozen or so species as "stock".
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

Actually, he's got 35 species in stock, although not all are suitable for flooring. The "Lapacho" he lists is Ipe, yellow dust and all.

--
--John
On Wed, 26 May 2004 13:57:58 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Right. <G>
I was talking of his stock _flooring_, shown @ <http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/flooring/display.html , not the general hardwood selection.
CWG is one of the places I get my wood from.
Barry
yared posts:

And the article states: "The variety of woods available gives homeowners greater flexibility in their design choices. If someone wants a durable wood with a deep cherry color, they may opt for a tough oak floor, then stain it a rich cherry red, he says."
And how does sentence 2 relate to sentence 1? Thought the Wash Post did better than that. A big wow to realize that plain ol' oak can be stained red?
Some days, the news hole is bigger than the news.
That was the Times not the Post. Though that really doesn't mean the hole is filled in.
SteveP.

wood
it a

better
Bierce, The

Steven P responds:

Oops. Sorry about that. I can usually tell the difference, though not always in the features sections.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Mike) wrote in message

I just thought you may find this interesting. I sell hardwood flooring and offer many different species. The one problem I have is that people get too confused when you show them too much. I've actually sold flooring of all species we carry to be mixed randomly throughout the entire floor. It looks awesome in the right house. You can also get some good deals from the supplier this way. It helps clean up all those packs of this and that that tend to accumulate. Jana
On 27 May 2004 09:57:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jana) wrote:

Interesting...
Got any photos?
Thanks, Barry