Boice Crane opinions?

Anyone have any experience or know if Boice Crane bandsaws are well built? Haven't heard much about them but saw one for sale and got to wondering. Thanks much.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

'Pends...B-C stuff was moderate-grade for the time but most anything I've had anything to do with was made pre-1940 so in keeping w/ the times were by today's standards very heavy cast but w/o sealed bearings, many w/o guards (they were an option). Between roughly that era and when they finally went under in the '70s-'80s(?) I really don't know much.
There will be essentially no source of any parts other than other collectors or getting them made afaik so anything you're looking at you'll want to be sure is complete or it may be a major rebuilding project otherwise.
Have you visited www.owwm.org and / or www.owwm.com? I believe they will have lots of opinions / white paper.
Mike in Ohio
Jay Pique wrote:

Thanks for the posts. OWWM is a good and valuable site. I hope it keeps going and growing. Not sure about the saw....have to see what I can get it for. Thanks again.
JP