Bob Hope

Please remember Bob in your prayers.
No doubt...this country is gonna miss him.
Thanks for the memories, Bob!
Have a nice week...
Trent
A Gentile, and great man has fallen.
Thank YOU for the memories Bob. . . you'll be missed by many
Traves
Traves W. Coppock wrote:

Hey Travis, you a regwar Bah Hope.
UA100
What can you say about an American Icon and it's best citizen. He sacrificed his Holidays to enterain the troops (he was actually afraid of flying but did it for the GI's). Married to one Woman all his life and adopted 4 children. Brought laughter to many . Although I never had a chance to see him in Nam, but saw his show on film and for awhile forgot about where I was. Thanks for the Memories Bob. Hopefully you are on the back 9 with your buddy Bing. I agree he should be buried in Arligton and a monument should be erected for him somewhere special.

He has been dead for awhile. why did they wait so long to announce his death.
must have been his 100th B-day party.
why wasn't he at his own party?
something is fishy, this happened when George Burns passed away also.
Makes you wonder!

I blame the Eastern liberal media establishment.
And Clinton.
Definitely Clinton.
Seriously, a couple of sources have pointed out Hope's failings as a human being, including Groucho Marx's son Arthur. As great as Hope was, may he resist iconization. His legacy will survive the hype as did Mark Twain's, leaving us with the memory of a hugely talented and imperfect man. His greatest legacy will be as a very visible symbol of a country that cares for those who make sacrifices.
Bob

I believe he passed away Sunday evening, 7/27. They announced it the next day...
On 29 Jul 2003, Jim Mc Namara spake unto rec.woodworking:

Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when you die?"
His reply: "Surprise me."
A very funny guy, he will be missed.

Yeah - unlike my dad who died at an early (61) age. All 5 of us kids were gathered around him in intensive care (leukemia) and he whispered to me: "I want to be cremated - mixed with Massengill - and run through one more time." Hard to smile and cry at the same time.
Jums
I would have loved to have known your father. He sounds like my kind of guy.
wrote in message:

I'd have liked to met him. Sounds like he was quite a card. Your family was there for him and he was still there for you trying to ease the pain.
Wes