BOAT PLANS

I was clearing out some saved files and found this link. Interesting. Proves humans are getting stupider it would seem. Nowadays people want to sell you an entire book with instructions for making a 8 1/2 foot pram or such. Back in the old days sometimes as little as 2 or 3 pages of instruction was consiered enough to make a inboardpowered boat. Interesting.

In any event I think these make for interesting reading. People were a lot more self-reliant back then. None of these interest me so much, my interests like more in the lines of combining 2 94 3 Bolger boats, to some up with what I like.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

I totally want to build a "Corky" for my in a few years. That would be awesome on a lake or something!

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst

' self-reliant ' - maybe, but more likely less Government 'oversight' to protect the stupid from themselves and less litigeousness brought about by greedy lawyers taking advantage of the same situation.

Also . . . there used to be neighborhood 'hardware stores' where you could get all of the materials . . . and the materials WERE available.

Regards, R>

> I was clearing out some saved files and found this link.

Reply to
Ron Magen

When things got tough, and you weren't sure what was next, there was usually someone in the neighborhood that would stop over and talk you through it, or show you how to do it, as long as there were a couple bottles of cold brew handy. Back then you could actually talk to your neighbors without fear of insulting a sociopathic killer, or the local union steward, which is even worse.

Bob McC>' self-reliant ' - maybe, but more likely less Government 'oversight' to

Reply to
Bob McConnell