blade speed for Rockwell 6" jointer?

Bought one used a while ago but I am not sure about the speed the blades are turning. Is there an Ideal speed? or motor speed and pulley sizes that someone can help me with? Right now it is running with a 1750rpm 3/4 horse motor on it, with about a 7" diameter pulley on the motor.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Doug

You need more info. What size it the pulley on the cutter head. Multiply the motor rpm times the pulley circumference on the cutter head and divide by the pulley circumference on the motor. Multiply that number times the number of knives the cutter head has. That will give you cuts per minute.
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:03:24 GMT, "Doug Schultz"

I think what you have is either correct or very close assuming that the pulley on the spindle is about 2 1/2". We recently bought an old rockwell/milwaukee 6" joiner that still had the original motor and stand and I believe it's all original. With the 1750 motor the pulley sizes are 7" on the motor and 2 1/2" on the spindle. I'm sure you can find on the web (or someone here will tell you) what that equates to as far as spindle speed.
Mike O.

That would be 4900 RPM at the cutter head.

Looking for 4400 or so. Most common. Don't want to exceed the recommendations of the manufacturer. Drop over to Delta with your model number and find out.
Thanks George, thats the info I was looking for. have heard of some going 5600rpm but wanted to make sure before I go and rebuild the base with a stronger motor.
Doug