BANJO

http://www.homemadebanjo.org.uk /
Not bad. I really need to finish mine - fretless.
This one is for Swing

isolated sandy shored, South Pacific Island.
He was nurtured and brought back to health...
When he awakened he was nestled in the fair chocolate arms of a native beauty.
Yes I said chocolate...pay attention.
He could barely hear the soft shuffling of the surf breaking against the distant reef as the monotonous sounds of a drum beating and beating all hours of the day and night obscured his every waking moment.
He asked Shambibi, the cute one, (ie: nurturer) why the drums....constantly?
Beating and beating and beating.
She said:
When drums stop......BIG EVIL COME!
It was an ideal life, little work, dancing and singing and eating, and other South Pacific things...naked people of incredible loveliness, with perfect manners, outstanding customs and immense kindness.
But the drums, the damned drums....
Again he asked why the drums were constantly beating.
He got the same answer again:
When drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME!
Reclining beneath the breadfruit tree he could see into the sun saturated, crystalline seas.
Fish darting, strange and beautiful....brilliant colors but again the drums, on and on and on.
Come on, Shambibi why the drums?
When the drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME.
I know, I know, what evil?
When drums stop......BANJO SOLO.

-------------------
There is a version of that nugget that goes:
he finally blurts out: "Those drums sound terrible!!"
and she says: "well, he's not our regular drummer."
http://www.instantrimshot.com /
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Wheeew! ... thought for a minute there you were going to say BASS SOLO! :)
Known fact: A dog will follow a banjo player around and keep everyone uncertain as to which is responsible for the odor.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
"Swingman" wrote:

Had to keep an aura of suspense<G>.

Wonder if Pete Seeger and Ricky Skaggs know that?
Lew
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says...

Aaawww c'mon! I _like_ Pete Seeger (although I haven't heard anything by or from him in 15 years or so) ...
-P.
"Peter Huebner" wrote:

Check out Smithsonian/Folkways Recordings.
I have a 2 CD set of his that they distribute.
Lew

Check out: http://www.peteseeger.net /
Picture on the right in the header is the way I recall him from my days in Albany, NY: I moved from there in 1972, though.
He's got to be older than Moses, but I didn't check his age. Apparently, he's still performing.
"Charlie Self" wrote:

Pete and a group just appeared on late night TV, the "Tonight Show", I think.
And yes, he's older than dirt but still singing and pickin.
Lew
"jo4hn" wrote:

Several years ago, PBS showed a concert given someplace in the Carolinas with Ricky, Earl, and Doc Watson.
Pretty fair evening's entertainment.
Lew