Bamboo Plywood Update-- What Became of It...

...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the thru-cabinet.
http://xrl.us/bamboovanity
--

-MIKE-

That is absolutely gorgeous, Mike. Great design chops somewhere in the family. ;)
--
www.ewoodshop.com

On 9/6/12 4:45 PM, Swingman wrote:

I know I've given credit to the wife many times, but this sink and cabinet were actually my ideas. She does soooooo much better than me with colors and tile and picking things that go together.
--

-MIKE-

On 9/6/12 4:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

BTW, you may recall I was asking about options for finish/top coat. All I did was use Deft Satin Spray Lacquer in the can. It darkened the bamboo just slightly, exactly the way we wanted. Couldn't have been easier... or cheaper.
--

-MIKE-

On 9/6/2012 4:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Steet! That looks great! I seriously doubt any other material would have looked so good.
On 9/6/12 5:36 PM, Leon wrote:

Thank you, and I agree. I fell in love with the stuff the first time I saw it and it didn't let me down.
--

-MIKE-

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:14:28 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

Looks nice, I recently saw some strip flooring made of bamboo and got some scraps, done a little non scientific destructive testing on a piece, stuff seems almost indestructible.
basilisk

very nice!
On Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:14:29 PM UTC-7, -MIKE- wrote:
Great application for the material and looks nicely done. A Poly finish would have been a bit more durable but the Lac is very repairable. I would predict a scuff and recoat every few years but easily done.

Nice job, not quite my style but I like it and well executed.
Mike M