Aromatic cedar ??s

I am thinking about building a band saw box (the kind with the cut out drawers) out of aromatic cedar: Can you buy 4x6" thick aromatic cedar and if so from where? Is it dry enough to work with? Does all aromatic cedar have that creamy white and pinkish colors blend through out the wood or is it a sapwood,heartwood thing? Is this even a good choice for these kind of boxes? THX
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:51:06 -0700, Paul Currie wrote

I have several "logs" about 10"x10" that I shave boards off of as needed so it is available (mine was given to me)

Very dry without any undue cracking.

Sapwood/heartwood. Often it does "mix" together in small clumps.

Great!
Years ago I remember that Hechinger's carried it for a little while. I've not seen it anywhere since. Rockler has it on their website, though.
Mike

Cedar is readily available here in Tennessee (it grows like weeds here). You might try a place that sells wooden fences. Whether it is kiln dried or not I don't know, but you can dry some yourself. Not all stock is sap or heartwood, it can vary. Cedar can have the tendency to splinter. Another idea is to build your boxes from another wood and line the interior with cedar veneer (available at your home center).