Appreciate the quality of work.

Check out this site to see some real quality model making from scratch. You have to scroll down a lot and ignore the language.
http://www.beareyes.com.cn/2/lib/200402/06/20040206080_0.htm
Now thats what I call a labor of love.
Dave

Kind of makes you think of what America used to be about......craftsmanship.....which most don't seem to give a rat's ass about anymore.
Brent Beal wrote:

There are no countries that are known for that level of craftsmanship - only individuals. Swiss watches and German engineering are catch phrases, but Wingrove makes their work look ham-fisted.
Dave Rhodes wrote:

Oh...my...God! That is unbelievably fine work! And a beautifully done, complete pictorial record of how it was made. I'm totally awestruck. I'm also amazed that the guy seemed to use regular sized tools, was making everything from sheet and bar stock - stuff I would have sworn had to be cast - wasn't using glasses or magnification when lacing up the wheels, made the damn door handles work and was a cool enough guy to have a picture taken with him standing someways behind it to make it look full size. The only thing that you could possibly say indicated that it was a scale model was the fabric weave used for the convertible top. There must be thousands of hours in that model.
Human beings have some amazing potential and this guy has achieved something wondrous. Thanks for posting that link, Dave!
Way beyond cool....--dave

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

*Aghast*
Simply astounding.... words fail me. It is just amazing what a guy can cobble together in an afternoon, eh?
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 02:52:09 GMT, Dave Rhodes

Blows me away....truly. Skill, devotion, patience...wow! Thanks for the link!
Dave Rhodes wrote:

Gerald Wingrove? Try tracking down his book from 10-15 years ago on making model cars. Some really beautiful work in there.
Take a look at this: http://www.geraldwingrove.com / Does it really work?

dondone wrote:

I looked at a lot of his studio pictures and he seemed to only wear glasses. I was expecting to see all sorts of lighted magnifying viewers, loupes and that sort of thing. I'd love to have a beer or three with that guy.
Dave Rhodes wrote:

I see your master model maker and raise you a fully working 1/3 scale Ferrari....
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/30/video-homemade-1-3-scale-ferrari-312pb-fully-functional /