anything over watco

Just finished a project made with birch ply using 3 coats of Watco Danish Oil (natural). Do I need to put anything on top of this?
Thanks.
you don't NEED to, but I usually wax and buff my watco or waterlox finishes. It basically gives it a nice satin luster, and adds a very small amount of protection, too (but I'm not sure if it is anything more effective than the hardened varnish in the watco on its own)
Mike

I did the same, made some drawer and door frames with Watco danish oil. I put a coat of Watco satin wax on after 3 days of drying, just to give it a little more sheen and waterproofing. (bathroom vanity)
Todd L

A coat or three of a good paste wax would be nice but as far as need too goes and assuming the first of three rules of finishing is followed, "pick a finish that provides at least the minimum protection commensurate with the use the piece is going to be put too", I don't see why you would put anything over it.
That's why Danish oil is called a finish and not pre finish, or finish preparation, or finish sealer, etc.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net
Mack wrote:

I used tung oil over Watco on a large entertainment unit, was very happy with the result.
Mack wrote:

I just have to ask why would you do that? It's not going to hurt anything and if it gives you the warm and fuzzies fine by me but just what was the rationale behind it.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net
forth from the murky depths: