Anyone own a Paralok fence?

Hello,

I've been looking for information about the Paralok table saw fence. I don't think they are in business anymore but they used to have a great reputation. I have a need for a fence that keeps parallel but need to adapt it for non-tablesaw use. The T-square designs won't work for what I'm doing.

I'm wanting to see what is different about their design, I believe it used a cable system to keep the fence parallel. So I'm looking for photos or a scan of their assembly instructions or a parts schematic.

Thanks in advance.

-Mario

snipped-for-privacy@nospamyahoo.com

Reply to
FreeState

Woodwork magazine had an article for converting a Delta round bar fence to a parallel arm fence. It used 1/16" steel cable that looped around three sides in a continuous loop. It used garage door ball bearing wheels to guide the cable. It was quite simple. Back about issue 15 or so I think. I have it hear somewhere if you can't find it.

Reply to
My Old Tools

I have one on my Unisaw. I bought it because it stays parallel to the blade, locked or unlocked, I can place a block of wood between the fence and blade, push the fence gently against it, lock down, and proceed to cut new parts of exactly the same width. Before that, I had a Vega (I think) fence,, but it was far too easy to shift blade-fence gap when locking down. The Paralok just doesn't budge. Plus, it clamps both ends down, so there's no flex while cutting.=20

Disadvantage: To remove it from the table, you have to slide the cable blocks from the teo ends of the fence, then slide it off the end of the cable. Most others easily lift off.=20

I searched, but couldn't find the manual, so here's a few photos:

The cable runs through these notched blocks, one at each end. They have to be pushed out like this to remove the fence:

is the block in place, fence unlocked:
The lever clamps the block against the underside of the rail. (Same thing happens at both ends of the fence)
pair of cable pulleys at one corner:
original aluminum scale cursor was useless, so I made this magnifying one as an aid to my aging eyes. Plus, it covers both the metric and inch scales, which the original didn't"
reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Reply to
Doug Warner