Anyone make a raffle drum?

Hello all. I'm trying to design a raffle drum for a non-profit group and need some ideas.
I DAGS on raffle drum but couldn't find any useful info. Some drums don't have a crank but are just spun by hand like a paddle wheel. I prefer a crank.....
The drum itself will be acrylic so that people can see the tickets spinning, and the stand will proably be koa wood. I'm having trouble with the design for the crank. Should I use a rod that goes through the center of the drum and will serve as the "axle" and then bend one end of it for the handle? I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Gene
--

This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-virus software

Add pictures here
βœ–
Sat, Dec 11, 2004, 12:34pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nospamhawaii.rr.com (Gene T) informs us: Hello all. I'm trying to design a raffle drum <snip> The drum itself will be acrylic <snip>
I kinda doubt there's plans. I'd use 1'4" wire mesh for the drum, instead of acrylic. Cheaper, and should be easier to put on, and you can see thru it. I'd use a rod thru it - axle, crank handle, all in one. I'd probbly make the whole thing using plywood too.
JOAT Remember: Nova is Avon, spelled backwards.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Don't be silly, no crank is needed. You make a shaft of 1/2" material. It should extend out about an inch or so, just enough to catch the collet of a router. I'd use a router with a "D" handle for better grip. Load it up, turn on the router, and in seconds the contents are will mixed.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Wow, and I thought the wire wheel on a table saw topic sounded exciting (not endorsed by me, by the way). This could make raffles far more entertaining for those that enjoy watching train wrecks. As a post to the wire wheel topic noted, be sure to video tape the event. AFV is looking for things like this!!
Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws www.mcfeelys.com
wrote in message

Add pictures here
βœ–
Edwin testified that one could: Load it up, turn on the router, and in seconds the contents are will mixed. And I LMAO
Dan
Add pictures here
βœ–
Gene T wrote:

mesh. The dowel center rod has a crank at one end to turn it. The stand it rests on has a hole in between the ends that holds the non crank end of the dowel so it stands up,like a barrel, to put the tickets in through a slot in the end. Unfortunately it doesn't have an easy open hatch to pull tickets through. We usually end up opening a section of the mesh for that. Joe
Add pictures here
βœ–