Angled Dovetails

I'm wondering if any of the dovetail jigs out there can cut dovetails at an angle. What I'd like to make is a box with angled sides - that is, the opening at the bottom is smaller than the opening at the top. Is this possible? Thanks.
JP
"Jay Pique" wrote:

Yes, check an old NYW on serving trays for details.
Rule of thumb:
If you can visualize it, can probably be converted to a 3 dimensional product.
Lew

I could swear I watched Roy Underhill do that within the last year or so. But I might have been dreaming.

Leigh has instructions on how to do it on a D4.
I can e-mail you the PDF if you like. It is not for the faint of heart.

It's on the website:
http://leighjigs.com/data/leighadt.pdf
It's better to do them by hand or on the band saw though so you get the tails aligned with the grain rather than perpendicular to the angled ends. The pdf addresses this at the beginning, telling you to limit the angle.
-Kevin
"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Leigh for one will do angled dovetails, as well as the Keller and most likely others, so yes, it is possible.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Yes, but you must use metric angles.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It is not necessary to use metric angles but probably easier.
Keith Nuttle wrote:

It avoids those pesky fractional degrees. ;-)
--
Froz...

FrozenNorth wrote:

or those messy minutes and seconds.