And yet another kitchen refresh bites the dust ...

Page 1 of 2
Cabinetry basically a done deal, just waiting on the wall paper and appliances:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopRozelleKitchenRefresh?noredirect=1
Whether its re-siding, or a bathroom/kitchen remodel, a neighbor visits and the projects multiply like rabbits these days ... all it takes is being visible in a neighborhood for more than two days.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/6/2014 2:24 PM, Swingman wrote:

Looks nice. My wife and I like the corner lazy Susan. Did you move the dishwasher to a new location?
If you are good, you don't have to spend money to advertise.
On 12/6/2014 1:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The client, adamantly, forcefully, and unmistakably, did NOT want to see another dishwasher in her kitchen. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but she's a farm girl from Illinois. But I now know how she feels about dishwashers.

That, or they can see you're getting old and tired and want to poke you with a stick...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/6/2014 2:54 PM, Swingman wrote:

Push a button and you get sparkling clean, dry, dishes with no effort and with less hot water. I don't understand some people.
On 12/6/14, 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:

Inspiring!
--

-MIKE-

Nice clean lines. My compliments! I hope the wallpaper isn't anything garish.

Is it less hot water? I fill the sink and fill one bowl for rinsing. If it really is less water, I wasn't aware of that.
On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 04:53:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

It has been proven many times that a dishwasher uses less water than hand washing. One bowl for rinsing? Just how many items can you properly rinse in there.
If you are washing one or two items, it may not matter, but on a good sized load, the machine wins every time.

...Big plastic rinsing bowl.

I'll keep this in mind the next time I consider a dishwasher purchase.
On 12/7/2014 8:01 AM, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

I might add that dishwashers are not all equal. We have owned Ge, Whirlpool, and Bosch. Whirlpool wind hands down if you get the ones with the pot scrubbing feature. Short of bones and seeds everything goes in off the table and comes out clean.
Great Job, and looks like you enjoy your work. Seriously. I can tell when a job is done, how much the person liked his work, by how well it came out. I know there are times of aggravation, and material failures...... but the finished product is "proof of the puddin" john
"Swingman" wrote in message
Cabinetry basically a done deal, just waiting on the wall paper and appliances:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopRozelleKitchenRefresh?noredirect=1
Whether its re-siding, or a bathroom/kitchen remodel, a neighbor visits and the projects multiply like rabbits these days ... all it takes is being visible in a neighborhood for more than two days.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/6/2014 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:

OK, this is a customer of mine that he did this kitchen for and I have seen the process of the kitchen.
This was what I thought was going to be a kitchen refresh.
This kitchen is not not a refresh or modernized look, it is a work of art that many new models homes would wish to look like.
Job well done! AGAIN!

+1 The Electrolux we left behind in the previous house was superb. We've had others that aren't so good at cleaning stuck-on stuff. The one in the house before that had to have everything rinsed off the dishes before they were put in. You'd still have to inspect them when unloading. There are only two of us, now, so run it every four or five days. The contractors special that we have now and the previous Electrolux even cleaned dry, caked, stuff comes off every time. Clean.
I looked at the Bosch but it's a little different than others. Instead of having a "grinder pump" (essentially a garbage disposal) at the outlet, they have a trap/filter. You have to clean that trap after every use or all that food is just sitting there getting "yuck".
One of the biggest differences between cheap dishwashers and the expensive models are the interior options; interior layout, plastic/stainless tub, extra cycles ("crystal", "pots", extra rinse cycles, insulation, temperature control, etc). For me, over 15 years, that stuff is worth it for the ~2x cost difference.
On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:14:44 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

That's a pain. For me, the option of a dishwasher is supposed to eliminate that kind of need.
On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:18:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

I agree, which is why we dropped the Bosch from consideration.

FWIW we replaced a Whirlpool with a Bosch and that lasted 30 days. I simply did not clean dishes as well as the unit we Whirlpool I pulled out. The only reason for replacing the Whirlpoos was that the plastic on the racks was cracking and falling off of the metal racks and we were getting rust. New racks were about half the price of a new DW. 30 days later we replaced the new Bosch with a Whirlpool.
On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:14:44 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Our first DW about 1970 was a used Kitchen Aid from my brother's house when he was renovating. I've stayed with KA ever since. About a year ago I replaced our 15 year old KA with a new one. We use Cascade Platinum detergent and everything comes out perfectly clean and sparkling. Glassware looks brand new.
I'm sure some other brands are good too, but when you have performance like this, I'm not going to try anything else.
On 12/7/2014 1:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

IIRC Whirlpool bought Kitchen Aid about 10 or so years ago.
On 12/7/2014 4:32 PM, Leon wrote:

Actually... Whirlpool owns many brands you know.
http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/brands-we-love/
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote in wrote:

Also, dishwashers sanitize the dishes - rinse them at a much higher temperature than you could do by hand.