Ammo and powder storage

Just floating a post for opinions on how you folks store your powder and ammo (primers to be kept elsewhere). Personally, I've been keeping mine in a WW II footlocker and its'just not enough. A full 1/3rd of its room is in the lid because it originally had a removeable upper compartmentalized shelf - which is gone from this one. I have toyed with buying one of the inexpensive Stack-On lockers for this. The downside is that their sides are so thin they may buckle if I install shelves and load them up. OK, so, how does *your* pantry grow?!
What a putz! Sorry to all. I selected the wrong NG on Outlook Express.

No problem.
Build a wooden lift-out tray for that footlocker.
Duplicate the footlocker.
--
FF

Thanks, Fred. I wasn't so sure that the locker was the best idea but perhaps it is. Spec sheets only state that containers should not be so tight as to prevent venting of gasses. In other words, too tight ='s massive explosion.
Regards, Chuck
C & E wrote:

Actually, I built storage into my reloading bench. Nice to have it all handy. Sturdy construction and separation of components into their own compartments keeps things safe.

****************************
Yep, it was all handy until I had little g.kid hands and eyes scoping out everything and a couple close to the dangerous teen years. I hate to lock the little (10'x10') reloading room because I'm in there for tools and reference books so I'm moving and locking the 'highly flammables." I'm a little pressed for space at the bench or I would definitely consider your idea. Thanks!
C & E wrote: > Yep, it was all handy until I had little g.kid hands and eyes scoping out

I don't have the kids to be concerned about, so it's a bit easier for me I s'pose.
Sat, Feb 16, 2008, 8:35pm snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (C&E) doth queryeth: Just floating a post for opinions on how you folks store your powder and ammo (primers to be kept elsewhere). <snip>
I keep mine in the same place everyone else does. Primers on the dresser in the bedroom, ammo in the kitchen cabinet Where else would I keep them? Oh yeah, the powder horn with the black powder is in the desk, of course.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
(C & E) dothqueryeth: Just floating a post for opinions on how you folks store your powder and ammo (primers to be kept elsewhere). <snip>
I keep mine in the same place everyone else does. Primers on the dresser in the bedroom, ammo in the kitchen cabinet Where else would I keep them? Oh yeah, the powder horn with the black powder is in the desk, of course.
Well, dang, back to my youth there, JOAT. Unfortunately, the kitchen cabinet would collapse with this much weight. Separating the primers is good and I don't yet shoot black powder but I'm close!
Later, Chuck