Advice Please: Tools For Wood/Delrin Project

Can anyone confirm that wood tools can be used on Delrin?
I am working on a project that uses both and wanted to be sure.
If so, can I gte recommendation on what kind of tool/bit I'd need to make slots?
I'll need to drill the initial (3/8")holes, and then elongate them as much as an inch(in both the wood and Delrin). Thanks a lot.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
Use standard woodworking tools but they will dull fast.. make sure they are sharp.....Brian
If I were making slots, I would use a router.

I have a router + table, and stillneed to figure out the best way to do this.
Can anyone tell me the best kind of bits for this project?
Thanks.

delrin cuts well, but it can bite into the material and send it flying.

On 10 Jan 2005 10:52:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.con.com wrote:

woodworking tools can be used for delrin. it has some weird properties, though. it wants to slip out of clamps, and a slot milled in it will not be the size of the cutter.

router bits will cut it fine.

do the drill and elongation as a single plunge router operation.