A success!

I never post here unless I have a problem I need help with. Well, today I actually have a success to talk about.
I glued up a butternut panel. After sanding I found out I had done a really really bad job of matching; one side was significantly darker and redder than the other. If I had just turned one 180 degrees it would have been fine, but I couldn't tell on the rough surface. I though maybe they would even up after I put BLO on them, but it actually made it worse.
I touched up the light side with some mahogany gelstain. It is not perfect, but is not much worse than most panels.
Sometimes you win one. And yes, I did learn to be more careful matching panels (I hope).
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.