a little OT: someone in IL with a "got wood" sticker?

ok, which of you is it living in illinois driving around with a "got wood" bumper sticker?
lol i almost drove off the road when i saw that, considering the recent debate about slogans an t-shirts. . .
Traves
I've got a "Got Wood?" tee shirt but I avoid Illinois. One of the local wood suppliers (Midwest Hardwoods) dropped thirty or forty of them off at the shop so it would be hard to tell who is who. It is a wee bit oversize so I suppose...
UA100
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

yea, i like to avoid wandering into flatland, but then again there was a time i said i wouldn't be caught dead in minnesota too,,,
Traves
: Crawled out of the shop and said. . .: : : >I've got a "Got Wood?" tee shirt but I avoid Illinois. One : >of the local wood suppliers (Midwest Hardwoods) dropped : >thirty or forty of them off at the shop so it would be hard : >to tell who is who. It is a wee bit oversize so I : >suppose... : > : >UA100 : : yea, i like to avoid wandering into flatland, but then again there was : a time i said i wouldn't be caught dead in minnesota too,,, : : Traves
Hey now were not completely flat. We have mountains, (garbage dumps). ;)

You just -think- you're kidding.
There's a sledding hill here, in a park on the site of what used to be the city dump. It's the tallest hill in something like a 25 mile radius.
It is known locally as "Mount Trashmore".
Your from Evanston????? If so thats Great!!! Glenview here saying hello!!
Leo
From: snipped-for-privacy@news2.bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi)
We have mountains, (garbage dumps). ;)

Is that the big berm north of I-55 somewhere around Pontiac, IL?
Larry

Nope. It's in Evanston, IL. First suburb north of Chicago, along the lake.

I feel compelled to jump in here. Contrary to poular belief, not all of Illinois is flat. I live in Southern Illinois, and we have rolling hills, sandstone bluffs, and spectacular rock outcroppings. Geographically, we are much more like southeastern Missouri and western Kentucky than the rest of the state (culturally, too, but that's another subject). Much of Southern Illinois is Shawnee National Forest, with an abundance of wooded land (just to keep this almost on topic). So don't be fooled into thinking that all of Illinois is flat. Come on down to the pretty part of the state.
John

And y'all say y'all down there... 'nuff said! :)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JPLipe) wrote in

Galena area (NW corner of the state). I just completed a week long tour (on bike) of that area, and I couldn't beleive the hills!!!

C Cole
snipped-for-privacy@news2.bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote in Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

called Blackwell... ;-)

Homewood Illinois here. I wouldn't live any farther North for any reason in the world. You guys are all nutzo with all your snow and sub zero weather up there in cheddar land and yah hey dere up over dere in Minnesoooota.
Ms. Leslie Gossett

Leslie Gossett wrote:

Heh. I live in Virginia. I wouldn't live any further north for any reason in the world. You guys are nutso with all your snow and sub-zero weather up there anywhere north of Staunton.
(That's "stantin" for everyone who doesn't know how to mispronounce that in accordance with local custom. It's near Buena Vista. "byoonuh vistuh")

Don't like flatland either. I spend a lot of time in the flat parts of the east coast. Miles and miles of nothin' but Jummywood trees and piles of sand. Bleah.

Hmm, I also live in Virginia, and I wouldn't live any farther South for any reason in the world. So maybe we can declare Virginia to be about as close to perfect as we're going to find. ;-)

Yeah, yeah. It took me a while after moving down here from New Jersey to appreciate how that was pronounced. I have *never* gotten used to how they insist on prononcing Pulaski. There were enough Polish people where I grew up that I can't stand hearing pew-lask-y.

Stick to the mountains myself, too hot if I go East or South from here.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Might have been someone up from St. Louis. There's a DJ on the alternative rock station named Woody. His minions have bumper stickers that say "Got Wood"
Are you sure it wasn't a bumper sticker for Viagara, Traves? :-)
Jums

Like a 60's surfer wagon?
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

no, i think that one would read something like, "She. . .Got wood"
Traves