a little OT: someone in IL with a "got wood" sticker?

ok, which of you is it living in illinois driving around with a "got wood" bumper sticker?

lol i almost drove off the road when i saw that, considering the recent debate about slogans an t-shirts. . .

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

I've got a "Got Wood?" tee shirt but I avoid Illinois. One of the local wood suppliers (Midwest Hardwoods) dropped thirty or forty of them off at the shop so it would be hard to tell who is who. It is a wee bit oversize so I suppose...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:37:43 -0500, Unisaw A100 Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

yea, i like to avoid wandering into flatland, but then again there was a time i said i wouldn't be caught dead in minnesota too,,,

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Might have been someone up from St. Louis. There's a DJ on the alternative rock station named Woody. His minions have bumper stickers that say "Got Wood"

Reply to
PM6564

: >UA100 : : yea, i like to avoid wandering into flatland, but then again there was : a time i said i wouldn't be caught dead in minnesota too,,, : : Traves

Hey now were not completely flat. We have mountains, (garbage dumps). ;)

Reply to
Bob Gramza

Are you sure it wasn't a bumper sticker for Viagara, Traves? :-)

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Like a 60's surfer wagon?

Reply to
David F. Eisan

You just -think- you're kidding.

There's a sledding hill here, in a park on the site of what used to be the city dump. It's the tallest hill in something like a 25 mile radius.

It is known locally as "Mount Trashmore".

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Your from Evanston????? If so thats Great!!! Glenview here saying hello!!

Leo

From: snipped-for-privacy@news2.bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi)

We have mountains, (garbage dumps). ;)

Reply to
LJancila

Is that the big berm north of I-55 somewhere around Pontiac, IL?

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Nope. It's in Evanston, IL. First suburb north of Chicago, along the lake.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I feel compelled to jump in here. Contrary to poular belief, not all of Illinois is flat. I live in Southern Illinois, and we have rolling hills, sandstone bluffs, and spectacular rock outcroppings. Geographically, we are much more like southeastern Missouri and western Kentucky than the rest of the state (culturally, too, but that's another subject). Much of Southern Illinois is Shawnee National Forest, with an abundance of wooded land (just to keep this almost on topic). So don't be fooled into thinking that all of Illinois is flat. Come on down to the pretty part of the state.

John

Reply to
JPLipe

And y'all say y'all down there... 'nuff said! :)

Reply to
tnfkajs

Ah That wouldn't be in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Virginia would it?

C Cole

Reply to
C Cole

Homewood Illinois here. I wouldn't live any farther North for any reason in the world. You guys are all nutzo with all your snow and sub zero weather up there in cheddar land and yah hey dere up over dere in Minnesoooota.

Ms. Leslie Gossett

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:52:55 GMT, "Jim Mc Namara" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

no, i think that one would read something like, "She. . .Got wood"

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Heh. I live in Virginia. I wouldn't live any further north for any reason in the world. You guys are nutso with all your snow and sub-zero weather up there anywhere north of Staunton.

(That's "stantin" for everyone who doesn't know how to mispronounce that in accordance with local custom. It's near Buena Vista. "byoonuh vistuh")

Don't like flatland either. I spend a lot of time in the flat parts of the east coast. Miles and miles of nothin' but Jummywood trees and piles of sand. Bleah.

Reply to
Silvan

Hmm, I also live in Virginia, and I wouldn't live any farther South for any reason in the world. So maybe we can declare Virginia to be about as close to perfect as we're going to find. ;-)

Yeah, yeah. It took me a while after moving down here from New Jersey to appreciate how that was pronounced. I have *never* gotten used to how they insist on prononcing Pulaski. There were enough Polish people where I grew up that I can't stand hearing pew-lask-y.

Stick to the mountains myself, too hot if I go East or South from here.

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck

snipped-for-privacy@news2.bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote in news:bil6pc$7ts$ snipped-for-privacy@sun-news.laserlink.net:

Ahh, You must be referring to the "forest Preserve" on Butterfield road called Blackwell... ;-)

Reply to
Mark Ebert

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JPLipe) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com:

If you think Illinois is all flat, you should try riding a bike in the Galena area (NW corner of the state). I just completed a week long tour (on bike) of that area, and I couldn't beleive the hills!!!

Reply to
Mark Ebert