A gloat at Sears?!?!

Page 5 of 5

I once bought a can of compressed air (for cleaning keyboards) from CompUSA. I had to send them the UPC symbol can to get the rebate.
It was printed on the metal of the can itself.
I made a copy, and told them in a note that I'd have to cut the metal from the can (making the compressed air useless) to get the real UPC.
They rejected my rebate. I was pssssssssssssssssssssst.
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

My favorite one was about seven or eight years ago. Some popular retail computer site, I can't remember the url now something-online.com. It was bought out by egghead or someone similar. So they went on this huge liquidation sale. They used an online auction to unload everything. But there wasn't enough people who knew about it. So all sorts of software was going for $1 or $2, things that should have been a lot more. I ended up buying some server backup software similar to ghost for $10. When I received it, I discovered a few things. First, it was novell only, so I couldn't use it. Second, it normally went for about $1000 retail (i didn't know). Third, there was a $200 rebate in it. I ended up getting the rebate.
brian
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

My favorite one was about seven or eight years ago. Some popular retail computer site, I can't remember the url now something-online.com. It was bought out by egghead or someone similar. So they went on this huge liquidation sale. They used an online auction to unload everything. But there wasn't enough people who knew about it. So all sorts of software was going for $1 or $2, things that should have been a lot more. I ended up buying some server backup software similar to ghost for $10. When I received it, I discovered a few things. First, it was novell only, so I couldn't use it. Second, it normally went for about $1000 retail (i didn't know). Third, there was a $200 rebate in it. I ended up getting the rebate.
brian
Tim wrote:

I'm beginning to fantasize about what kinds of projects I could make from the pile of chips on your shoulders. You come here (presumably) to share the experience and knowledge of long-time woodworkers (of which I ain't one yet, btw) then you throw your toys out of your playpen when most of them disagree with you. People who know tools seem to generally agree: Craftsman aren't worth taking the chance for. Deal with it.
FoggyTown