45deg finger joints

My FIL passed away a couple weeks ago and he has a military funeral. My MIL was going to buy a flag display case but I told her I'd build one for her. Seems simple enough but I want to make it as nice as I can and have been debating on how to make the joints. It's basically a 90-45-45 triangle. I thought about finger joints but I'd have to build some kind of jig to do the 45deg sides and I'm not sure the best way to do that. Any ideas will help. If I can't figure out an effective way to do the finger joints I'll probably just mimic them with spline joints, but that's also require a jig.
if you have a compound Miter saw on a slide this becomes a lot easier first finger joint two piceses on one side to make a 90 miter the other edges of the two pices that join to make the 90 at 45 miter the last pices at 45 on both sides
then make a jig out of two pices of sheet material(MBF, Plywood, etc) with a rectangle hole in each with a side parallel to the side oppisete of the 90 the mount the two sides together at a conveniant with apperts MAKE SURE THERE TRUE TO ONE ANOTHER! then to cut your 45 finders place the pice 45 degree down and clamp it to the jig.
hope that makes sense
Ron wrote:

Familiar with the Router Workshop guys?
They use a fence which easily adapts to use with a 45 degree ramp. I'm sure there's some geometricians out there who can tell you how to measure, but I cut the 45's, then trim the boards to make the 90 where they cross. For me, it's the easiest.