3 inches VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring

Hi, Any opinion on 3 VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring? The 4 inch is little more expensive and I heard from none woodworker it looks better. I try to put some Brazilian Cherry and I can get 3 inches wide any time while 4 inches are special order. Wider wood would cupp more and shrink more than narrower, but is there any concern for Harwood floor and 1 inch difference?
Thanks MaxEN

The only difference is whatever you think looks better.
Locutus wrote:

I agree. The relief milling on the back of properly made flooring does a pretty good job of limiting cupping.
Now, if we're talking 3" vs. 12"... <G>

I guess another difference would be *slightly* less installation as the 4" would cover more. But not really enough difference to factor into the decision.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I have 4" Red Oak flooring and it seems to cup more than the I3" flooring. But my Mom has 'random' width oak flooring, not sure if it is red or white, 3 - 5 inch that has stayed dead flat.
The difference I think is that mine is over an unheated crawlspace, hers is over a heated basement.
--

FF

I have 4" maple flooring in my house for 2 years, and I haven't had any problems with it.