240V 3-phase convertor in Canada for European machines

Is it possible to purchase and install (legal, not technical) a 3KVA 240V 3-phase convertor in a residence for powering WW machinery? Is there something in the zoning laws that would prohibit this?
The reason I'm asking is that I will be bringing back my stationary machines from Europe which are all wired as 240V. I'd like to evaluate whether it's better to re-equip the machines with 220V single phase motors of comparible size or simulate the correct supply for the installed motors. Since I'm a single operator, the convertor would be sized for the largest motor (because I will never operate more than one machine at a time).
Robert not clear if your European Motors are 240v 1Ph or 3Ph? If Single Phase then most Motors are Rated at Stated Voltage on Motor Plate plus/minus 10% and therefore will work satisfactorily at 220v RVS http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk

machines
it's
comparible
(because
Be aware that voltage is not the problem. Canadian voltage is 240 volts, ranging from 230 up to 250 volts. Your problem will, of course, be if you need 3 phase, and even more important Canadian frequency is 60 cycle vs. European 50 cycle. This can cause problems. You may be better off buying new motors.

240V
The stationary machines -- bandsaw, tablesaw and planer/thicknesser -- have 3 phase motors wired in 240V, 50 Hz delta with ground, no neutral. It is possible to easily rewire the motors for 240V star with neutral and ground. I also own several portable tools -- biscuit jointer, Skil saw, sander, router -- with single phase 240V 50Hz universal motors that probably will work off of 220V 60Hz single phase but may benefit from running off one phase of the convertor if possible.
Technically, there is some sort of solution but my question aimed more at the legal requirements imposed by some planning board which might view such a convertor as industrial equipment and prohibit its use. For example, it may require installing a special 220V feed from the distribution panel requiring planning permission. I don't know.

plus/minus
there's a chance they're 50 hz. motors.