230 Volt Tools

Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.
Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools. Jim
Jim wrote:

I use 240 volt, 120 volt, 18 volt and 12 volt tools.
HTH
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:01:34 GMT, Robert Allison wrote:

I've even got a tool (steel rules count, right?) that doesn't use electricity at all.
Pete
. never trust a man who, when left alone ...... Pete Lynch .
Peter Lynch wrote:

Pete, A word of caution; When that tool does use electricity do not pick it up.
Marc

I think you really mean it uses 0 volts.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Probably works like my cordless screwdriver.

Mine has a prybar feature.
Puckdropper

240 volt hand held tools? The original question was about 230 volt hand tools.

And we use a full 60 cycles, not a cheap 50 cycles. I don't know what the Europeans even do with all the cycles they save.

Ouch! That really hertz.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

the
With Ed and Larry who needs Abbot and Costello?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/19/06

the
Ohhhhhhm, stop it.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Not at all constrution sites. In the UK, electric tools and portable lighting at construction sites are sometimes fed from a centre-tapped system with only 55 V between live conductors and the earth. This system is used with 110 V equipment and therefore no neutral conductor is needed. The intention is to reduce the electrocution hazard that may exist when using electrical equipment at a wet or outdoor construction site. An incidental benefit is that the filaments of 110 V incandescent lamps are thicker and therefore mechanically more rugged and shock-resistant than 230 V lamps.

You know, this pointless post certainly did bring a lot of responses! Jim

I've noticed he seems to do that. At first I thought he was a webtv user, but I checked the headers and it must be something else.
Maybe we could all chip (obligatory wood reference) in a few pennies apiece to buy him a clue.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

He is a troll and this is his shtick. He never responds to those who attempt to help him.