Subject Author Posted Replies

gloat?
Recently bought 3 Rigid tools on sale as the display items from HD. All were unused and assembled and came with the users manuals. 15 inch drill press, 14 inch bandsaw, and a planer-joiner. Total...
5
5

What to thin Minwax stain with?
I want to get a gray, rather than black color on some wood for a miniature object using Minwax Ebony stain. What should I thin it with? TIA Norm
9
9

Cedar siding installer
I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask, but I saw a post many years ago from someone nicknamed Slowhand stating that they were in Astoria. If you are, and are in Astoria, Queens New York. I...
2
2

Rockwell 20" bandsaw 28-340 and Tracking Trauma!
Hi all I have a good question for you. Our bandsaw have been working for however many years with apparently the wrong sized tires for the wheels. This was throwing the alignment vertically off,...
6
6

Jet Mini Lathe ?
I was thinking about trying my hand at turning. Mostly small things like pens, bowls, etc... I was looking at the Jet 708351B JML-1014, which if I want to do some longer items I could get the bed...
24
24

Near Disaster Today!
I read some good advice here a while back: ask yourself where your hand would go if the wood suddenly disappeared.
9
9

Opinion of the JET Model 708100 table saw.
Exactly. To have it and not need it, is better than needing it and not hav > Just so we all know, I do not have plans to continually be running big
3
3

Rechargeable Battery Rebuild Questions
Check out the following thread: cannot get onto Primecell's website but the Voltman site is good to go. I need to have my Dewalt 14.4's done and at this point, Voltman is the way to go. Let us know...
3
3

solid wood case design
Plenty of furniture is made that way. The furniture made with a bottom is better. That's a good application for plywood.
9
9

DeWalt Framing, Circular Saws Recalled
DeWalt Framing, Circular Saws Recalled November 8, 2006 DeWalt Industrial Tool Co. is recalling about 97,000 framing and circular saws because of safety hazard. The lower blade guard can fail to...

Harbor Freight Coupons around
hello, anyone has a pointer to Central Machinery Coupons valid this month? thanks, cyrille
4
4

Any negatives to the Enco 13" bench DP?
--I *am* familiar with Enco: everything they sell is crap.
9
9

T-track
I have a older Craftsman contractor table saw with the motor hanging out the back. The miter slot is the standard 'not 3/4' that craftsman uses. Does anyone know of a source for track that will fit...
3
3

Re: Common Names - Moisture Meters - Confusion & Consternation. HELP!
(SNIP) Interesting problem Charlie. Wagner has a web site, in the frequently ask question section they list an 800 number and also give an Email address. You might start by contacting them, they...
1
1

Table Saw Recommendations
I am considering purchasing either the Ryobi BT3100 or the Delta Shopmaster TS300. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Both of these are 15 A machines and I am assuming that they will therefore...
14
14