Worth changing from C Plan heating system/save gas?

Recently moved house, where the heating system is C Plan (i.e pumped heating, gravity HW) and fitted with full controls (prog room stat, cylinder stat, valve on cylinder etc)

keeping everything else as it is, would converting the system to fully pumped save gas? or is the only benefit quicker tank heating?

Reply to
Mike Hicks

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:02:59 GMT, "Mike Hicks" strung together this:

Both really. A few years back I upgraded the controls on our heating system from gravity to y plan and it paid for itself in 18 months. Re-heating a tank of water was reduced from close on an hour to about

15 minutes, which also meant that you didn't have to fire up the immersion heater prior to running a bath, which I never factored into the time of the payback so that'd bring it down again. If you're doing it yourself then go for it.
Reply to
Lurch

It depends on whether you are intending to DIY or if you will be paying someone. I'd suggest if you are getting reasonable heatup times for the water then unless you are DIYing then it would be pretty marginal whether you were throwing money away. Is the cylinder well lagged?

Reply to
John