working on gas.

Here's the one I have or the closest too it.

whisky-dave

Ah, I forgot that it was a fire you were referring to, not a boiler. In this case, the gas man was being an idiot. Of course there will be some CO present in the combustion gases.

The important thing is whether it is functioning properly, and if not, can it be fixed.

Personally, I would vacuum out the dust & cat fur and just keep using it with your CO alarm as back up but then I'm a "risk taker". ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+