wooden floorboards in bathroom

Having followed UK diy tips I have removed the carpet, underlay, under-underlay, layer of glue and surface dirt from the flooboards in my bathroom - I like the effect of the sanded boards and would like to keep them that way. Can I do this in a bathroom without rotting the boards? What sort of treatment would be best? Oh and I have two young boys who are pretty good about bathing (at the moment).
Donald