Wooden floor in bathroom?

In my (small) bathroom I have manky old lino over an uneven set of floorboards which are not really floorboards - more like like irregularly-shaped MDF offcuts - a real botch job it looks too. I thought I would get rid of both of these and the lino in one go by replacing them both with tongue-and-groove pukka wood flooring (not laminate).
Is this feasible in a bathroom, what with all the steam and dripping etc? If so, is there any particular type of wood or varnish I should go for to suit the warm and wet environment?
Thanks for any advice.
Richard Clay wrote:

Only certain types of wood are suitable for use in bathrooms (bamboo, teak, bangkirai, etc.). The bamboo is usually factory finished and you can leave the teak types untreated or use an oil finish.
Most of the flooring I have seen is intended to be glued to a sub-floor.
Roger.