wooden door frame staining

How should I stain this door frame? Can I just sand it down to bare wood and stain it with a Sadolin stain or do I need use a preservative, stain and then varnish ?

you in advance.

Reply to
john smile

Hi,

Looks like it has been varnished/stained with something that doesn't breathe and so stops any water that gets in from drying out.

I'd use a Sikkens product, spend some time looking at their website to select which product is best then read *all* the directions *and* technical info and /follow them to the letter/.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C