Wires runs through joists

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Well U should have said so then!..

Phones alarms and fire system are working at some volts. The induced currents are bu(**er all..

Even with star quad?..

Nobody know de studios I've seen;)..

Reply to
tony sayer

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:23:59 +0000 someone who may be Andy Burns wrote this:-

Indeed. However, if a cable carries a low load compared to its rated capacity it may be disregarded in grouping calculations. Lighting and similar cables may often be disregarded in grouping calculations, though people shouldn't assume that but instead work out if they can be disregarded or not.

Reply to
David Hansen

I did. In response to the OP. Who didn't mention ethernet. You did. I was just being polite. However, if that's the way you want it...;-)

Err, many ain't just plain DC signalling volts these days. They can use multiplexed data.

Yes. Even with star quad.

Then I'm surprised you don't apparently believe in routine precautions. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Well Dave we always see I-2-I do we not;)

Yep of some volts peak to peak with far better EMC suppression that ever before..

Ropey old dimmer circuitry dontcha tink>,,,

Well suits over engineers isn't it now;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

I can access it if I lift the carpet and remove the floorboards ;)

Reply to
Sam