Wire is getting expensive!

I bought a 6" length of wire, nothing connected to either end, for £3.28.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Without telling us what sort of wire and from where purchased, this is mean ingless.

75 ohm RG59 coax cable is £14 a metre if you buy it from Russ Andrews.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Its cheaper by the reel, then flog the rest on! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Somewhat of a bargain for Russ Andrews.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Agreed. He must have had a forgetful moment when he priced that one.

Watch the website for a correction.

Reply to
Davey

You haven;t seen the latest bargin then. 24V 1000ma AC brick £201.

whisky-dave

my bad, 10x 6". No-one guessed, probably cos I oopsed on the 10x. It's tung sten wire.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

have you checked the price of platinum wire lately?

Reply to
Robin

Yes, you'd have got a pack of 10 metres for that price from Tandy!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I went to buy some silver wire (it was for someone making jewlry). It was 12" long and I had no idea how much it would be but was expecting several quid. It was 50p (this was some years ago).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Plated or Solid?

For solid at current prices ..

e.g.

1/2 Metre 2mm Soft Fine Silver Wire 99.99% Price: £18.68 (~?27.09) (Excluding VAT at 20%)
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Might be fun to see a Big Clive tear-down one of those ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Interesting - it was probably 0.5mm (although it was in SWG at the time) so it's only 2.5x more expensive now.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Or one of his £300 USB power supplies.

Reply to