Wind in the radiators!.....

For some while now our heating system has had a bad case of trapped wind!. Well its some sort of explosive gas as we tapped some of it off and it goes POP! When lit, so obviously its water being separated into Oxygen and Hydrogen.

Now some rads are much worse than others, mainly the upstairs ones nearest to the boiler which is a Suprima 80 and no, this isn't to blame this time I think!.

Some rads, the ones most affected, when you bleed them have a very dirty black discharge from them, whilst others seem clean water. The system works very well otherwise, there are no leaks that I'm aware of anywhere.

So question is, is it worth changing the three or four most affected rads?, the system was installed when the house was built in 1979

TIA....

Reply to
tony sayer

Thats what I always thought but the handbook for my Focus says the coolant will last up to 10 years without being changed..

Reply to
BillV

anti-freeze

I think the longer lasting stuff has been in use a long time. My old G-reg nissan sunny never had the coolant changed in 14 years and 198000 miles. I used to check levels, but it never changed. Amazing!!!

Reply to
Matthew Durkin