Why does central heating always fail when the shops are shut??

I finally sent the order off and it arrived on Friday. The lamp looks exactly like any ES CFL. Actually, it would be all too easy to screw it into a 240V supply, and I guess it would go with a bang!

One thing the description doesn't point out is that it's

6400K colour temperature, i.e. rather blue-white.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've just dug out some 12v storm lanterns, like:

with gel cells and a small compact fluorescent. I was planning to use them to illuminate a renewable energy project in a converted horse trailer but this looks good, is it likely to be more efficient.

It's beginning to look like the project is going to need about 40 Ah of daily charge and I'm not sure the budget will stretch to a pv panel big enough to do it.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Hi,

I've just read this post from a month ago. Now you've had four weeks to play with it, what do you think?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Sorry, I forgot to ask: did you buy the complete solar charging kit or did you just buy a bulb and run it off a 12v dc supply?

TIA

Reply to
Stephen