Why cold tanks in the attic?

But are they aware of how MUCH a killer TB was before we had vaccines and antibiotics for it?

It was teh Victorian equivalent of AIDS

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TNP,

Absolutely. We seem to think of TB as a lung problem. But it was actually much more than that...

"Thomas Addison first identified the disease [later named Addison's Disease] in 1855 while working at Guy?s Hospital in London. At that time, the main cause of the disease was as a complication of tuberculosis. TB still remains an important cause of Addison?s in Third World countries. HIV (AIDS) is now becoming another significant infectious disease causing adrenal failure among third world population."

Reply to
Rod

Then that treated water is stored in your local tank. Which should be covered to prevent foreign objects entering it - most have for many a year.

Why weren't they properly covered? It's hardly difficult to prevent pigeons entering a tank. And the area it's housed in, come to that.

Not needed with fresh milk from a healthy cow - and it spoils the taste.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is still remarkably dangerous and is what actually kills about one AIDS victim in three world-wide.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Variable mains water pressure/flow is quite common here, on my supply. I'd hate to have a mains pressure shower on the bad days, so that's why I didn't fit one.

The normal mains pressure is very good, but when there's a slight break in the line somewhere, the pressure drops to almost sod all for a day or two until it's fixed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon