Whistling radiator

We have just one radiator which insists on a fairly high pitched and constant whistle type of noise.

A small turn of the valve will cause it to stop ... for about 10 mins and then off it goes again.

Clues & solutions?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Change the circulating pump speed/flow setting?

Reply to
Zephirum

Possibly its TRV is fitted 'backwards', does it have an arrow on the body? Does the arrow correspond to the end that gets hot first?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob Minchin wrote in news:ntg21j $u72$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Also - it it has a TRV it may be worth trying to reduce the flow with the lockshiled valve on the other end. Does this radiator get hot fairly quickly? It could be getting too high a flow.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

+1. Some TRVs don't mind but others can be noisy if fitted the wrong way round.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

IME it is in fact partly closes lockshields that cause the whistle.

The local velocity is high, then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Open another more.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

an IME, some that claim not to mind still whistle when run backwards.

Reply to
John Rumm

Not sure at a block of flats I frequent this is happening and the only way to stop it is to push on the valve so I'd suggest something is oscillating maybe the valve itself or it is worn or dry of lubricant or some such. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff