Which paint for galvaniized steel

Do I need a special undercoat for a galvanized steel up and over garage door. If so please enlighten me, any other tips on painting galvanized metal would be usefull.

thanks

Reply to
alan kearn

Allow it to weather a bit first, then use a primer that says it is for galvanised metal, such as the one made by Hammerite. I probably wouldn't use Hammerite on a garage door though, as Hammerite is not too happy on a base that can flex.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Hi All

Bought a gas cooker for my daughter today - as you do.

I asked the supplier (Comet) if it included the flexible hose & self seal coupling.

Apparently not. You are supposed to let a CORGI guy deliver, install & dispose of the old cooker for the bargain price of £80.

With the flexible hose & twist lock fitting, I reckon you could train a monkey to do it.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

That's the reason it's not supplied -- some people would think installing a gas cooker was just plugging in the gas connector.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi All

Bought a gas cooker for my daughter today - as you do.

I asked the supplier (Comet) if it included the flexible hose & self seal coupling.

Apparently not. You are supposed to let a CORGI guy deliver, install & dispose of the old cooker for the bargain price of £80.

With the flexible hose & twist lock fitting, I reckon you could train a monkey to do it.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

What again? Did she boil over the milk or something on the one you bought a few days ago?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew

That and a few more messages didn't appear (and still don't) on my view of the group so I assumed they had been lost.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

I wondered about that.............

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

Dave , you can obtain the bits from B&Q or online from screw-fix . Cheers R0n

Reply to
r0n

Go ahead then... Remove antispam and add 670 after bra to email

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

time buyers strike

Sign the petition at .....

tarquinlinbin

Could you train the monkey to assess whether the location the cooker is to be fitted has adequate ventilation and clearances from combustible surfaces*, fit an effective anti-tilt device, check the correct operation and gas consumption of the cooker (to make sure the monkeys who assembled it fitted the correct burner jets) and operation of safety devices?

  • In case someone else has monkeyed with the windows and vents or fitted new kitchen units etc.
Reply to
John Stumbles

You need an etch primer. Even then, it may not hold quite as well as you would hope.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Black bitumen paint does - and you don't need an undercoat or primer!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

He would get away without the etch primer if the galvanising wasn't too fresh

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann