Which heating control system?

More or less decided on my replacement boiler system, but any suggestions on control system suppliers?

Two zone plus vented DHW cylinder. Old system had Danfoss 24 hour timers. Don't really need a 7 day system although I suppose that will look better if we move in a few years. Anything much to chose between Honeywell / Danfoss / Siemens / Horstmann? I was looking at the packs in BES for convenience (I realise I may have to buy an extra zone valve).

Too much choice! It's all too difficult.....

TIA

Reply to
newshound

Mix and match for the best bits. Always Honeywell zone valves, avoid the rest esp the Momo type. Danfoss Ras-C Trvs (see other thread about Drayton bi directional trvs.) Honeywell wireless programmable stats, good range, decent styling and ease of use. Single channel programmer for the hot water. Quality full bore isolation valves on all circuits to reduce draining down when changing parts.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Starling

Thanks, much appreciated.

The isolation valves are already in the plan!

Reply to
newshound

Agreed on Honeywell mechanics but can you operate a synchronised control system with zone valves and Honeywell wireless (or wired) stats? When I looked into this you could sync up a Honeywell system but you had to use wireless controlled TRV replacement actuators.

Syncing up the demand means that you're not cycling the boiler just to warm up the towel ladder in the bathroom.

Reply to
fred

What problem(s) have you seen with the Momo type?

Reply to
Geo