Where to get new lock for garage door (Alborough)

Hi, I've recently moved into a house that has a 1950's Alborough garage door, and the lock is broken. I can't find any mention of Alborough anywhere, so I'm assuming they're no longer around.

It looks like a pretty standard design, so I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully transplanted a new 3rd party lock onto an old garage door? After all, it just has to turn a cam to raise the bolt from its recess in the floor.

Alternatively, if anyone knows somewhere that sells Alborough parts I'd be really grateful.

Thanks and best regards Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Dawes

In message , Jonathan Dawes writes

We had a replacement lock fitted to our old garage when we had our keys stolen.

AFAICS they are a standard fitment - I'm assuming that you mean the typical 'T' handle shaped one.

Reply to
chris French

Screwfix sell a universal garage door handle.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks everyone, I'll try those leads.