whats the difference between...

vapour barrier and DPM ?

other than the thickness and colour that is

and, as I have plenty of DPM left over, could I use it instead of the vapour barrier ?

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

Cost.

Polythene vapour barrier costs peanuts.

(DPM is more like M&S Cashews)

Personally I'd hang on to your spare DPM for the next 'grand design', or as a durable weathering material for materials stored outside during the next few days of blizzards. (Yes - I've just completed my own oversite, so I've given this some thought myself - plenty of spare DPM and polythene)

Basically - DPM is effectively just a very durable vapour barrier, for obvious reasons.

Reply to
Kevin Brady