What is inhibitor?

Whats in heating ssystem inhibitor?

Have had a search but can't see anything listed.

Reply to
mogga

Graham.

Some info. here:

polygonum

Reply to
mogga

that COSHH document gives a UK address followed by a (presumably) USA telephone number with no IDD code.

Reply to
Graham.

Some hints here:-

> Some info. here:

That would be because the URL given is on a USA specific website. The phone number is probably the one for the importer.

The UK version for an equivalent product is here:-

John Williamson

Or not:

Davey

If it looks crummy and smells awful its probably not drinkable if you were thinking along those lines.. sorry just wondered why you were interested.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I just wondered what chemical it was. We were discussing the other thread about the heat exchanger and the doodah whatsits that you can add to help filter crap out of the system. Which got me thinking about what inhibitor was.

I make my own wine so no need to look for alternatives to drink! :) (The mint wine was delicious!)

Reply to
mogga

(Trade name for an inhibitor.) Prevents or slows corrosion and galvanic action.

Reply to
harry

The COSHH data sheet for Sent Chemical description Neutral solution of inorganic and organic scale and corrosion inhibitors

Hazardous component(s) EINECS/ELINCS # Conc. CAS # R52/53 Diammonium dimolybdate 248-517-2 < 25 %

27546-07-2 Xn, R20/22-36-52/53 Benzotriazole 202-394-1 < 25 %
Reply to
John Rumm