What is a cabinet scraper?

Hi,
I thought a cabinet scraper was a thin piece of metal which you pulled across the surface of wood to give a finer finish than sandpaper.
However http://diytools.com/store/detail.asp?ProductIDS438 is listed as a cabinet scraper, but looks very like my spokeshave, which to me is a freehand plane for shaping bits of wood.
They also show http://diytools.com/store/detail.asp?productidD230 which is more what I would expect.
Can find them on Axminster but not Screwfix.
Just idle curiosity, really.
Dave R

That's a scraping plane, which may be shortened to scraper. The blade is prepared differently to a freehand scraper being sharpened at 45degrees instead of using a hook made by turning over a square edge.
I got one of the Axminster sets with a Clico burnisher (an extravagance ;-) and they work well, holding a nice edge.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

They are normally hand held but can be mounted in a block or as this is in an adjustable tensioner. Note:

Used for fine finishing of hardwoods.<<<

I agree with you! But interestingly - try looking at www.fastfixdirect.co.uk which sells both scrapers and spokeshaves - it shows pictures of both, both made by Stanley, and which look very alike to me.
Maybe it's a new design of scraper?
David