What is 10mm Kingspan? (was padding for low joists)

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me. However, I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and wonder what its' full description is?

Unless, of course, I just go into a builders merchant, ask for it, and they know exactly what I mean

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

My guess is that they would.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Do they do 10mm thats very thin? I think there is a 18mm version for fitting in window reveals where 50mm would be a bit much. Hopefully that might give enough info to track it down, don't forget Celotex, same stuff different maker.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They should do, although I am not sure that 10mm is a commonly stocked thickness

I am not sure that it would be that good as a padding though, because it is a fairly rigid foam and deforms without returning to its original shape.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think I get the picture - I think I have a piece left over from insulation between external walls and plastering.

It's a hard foamy centre, about 2 inches thick, with a silver coating on the outside.

Not sure I would want to bang my head on it, but obviously better than a wooden joist.

Thanks to all for the help.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Actually looking at the label it is Celotex I'm using. Tend to treat them interchangeably.

Reply to
G&M

The 10cm stuff seems a lot more pliable as it's so thin.

Reply to
G&M

In article , Richard Faulkner writes

I did wonder when I first saw it suggested. You might want to consider Plastazote instead, it's a high density flexible foam that is used a lot in heavy duty packing for shock absorbtion. Available in black & white I think & would work a bit better IMHO.

Reply to
fred

In message , fred writes

Looks good, and sold by Arco, who have a depot at Trafford park near me.

Many Thanks

Reply to
Richard Faulkner