What do I paint on new Plasterboard for a durable finish?

Hi all,

Just had the garage lined with insulation then covered with Plasterboard that has had the joints taped and sealed. This area will be part Utility room and part "free use" space. It has a double glazed window and door.

I would normally paint (prime / undercoat) thinned emulsion onto the plasterboard as a first step

Question:- I want to paint ONE coat of paint onto the Plasterboard to effect a durable finish. The type of finish is not really an issue ( I.e Matt, Silk, Weathershield , slightly textured etc.)

Any hint, tips etc will be gratefully received.

Regards

Don

Reply to
Don McLean

Hammerite ??

Reply to
Mike

Specliast new plaster paint is available

Reply to
Space_Cowby

The surface of plasterboard is paper, not plaster :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Mike,

A tad to literal for me !!

Reply to
Don McLean

Any emulsion will do the job but if you really want 'durable' then consider something with a lot of vinyl in it, like Crown mid sheen or similar.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Oh go on. It would look really trendy :-)

Reply to
Mike

In article , Peter Johnson writes

You will not get a good finish in one coat whatever you use (if that matters to you.)

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Reply to
Brad