Waterproofing doorbell buttons?

Does anyone know whether there is a clear plastic waterproof cover, available online? We prefer to use the wire-less chimes, that requires a cell battery in the pushbutton housing. The cell battery seems to encourage a lot of corrosion, inside the unit. TIA.

Reply to
Bertie Doe

Moisture ingress will still be evident even with a cover. Perhaps change the battery and fill with a suitable gel such as the ones used on car battery terminals and seal to the frame with a small amount of silicon sealer.

A case for WD40?

Reply to
John

Mount it inside a

a sachet of silica gel, rewiring it to use the switch instead of the internal button

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks "R" and "Owain", I think both methods would work.

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie Doe

presumably with the words "ONLY FOR USE IN DIRE EMERGENCY" embossed on it?

Reply to
JimK

Why? Water displacement is WD40s best attribute.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Wind-up doorbell: we've had one of these for over 30 years. Makes a hell of a noise, you can hear it in the back garden.

someone

Mains powered bell: you can hear it in the next street

Owain

30 years will 'see me out'. Thanks, just ordered one.
Reply to
Bertie Doe