Water treatment plant identifiaction

I have been given a water filtration plant and would like to know what it is so I can get bits and get it going.

It has two components. One being a blue gas type bottle that has one top tap with a yellow pipe from it. The tap is a small brass butterfly type and just shuts the bottle off. There is also a bicycle valve type connection on the side of the bottle.

The main part is a white panel about 10 inches by 16 inches. This has three plastic cylinders on it, a white one on each side and a bigger blue one in the middle. There is a black valve between the LH white and middle blue cylinder.

Pipes go from one cylinder into another and I have blue, black, red, and yellow pipes trailing around.

One must be a mains inlet and another the pipe to the outlet tap. The yellow goes to the blue bottle. That leaves a pipe that appears to go nowhere.

Any sort of help appreciated in this.

Reply to
EricP

This is pressurised storage vessel. The bottom part is separated from the top part by a rubber diaphragm. The Schrader valve (the bike valve) is used to pressurise the lower compartment. It holds treated water.

This is a reverse osmosis system. There are a few different configurations, but the most common one with 3 cylinders has 2 activated carbon cylinders and an RO membrane.

Water goes into the first carbon cylinder, then out and into the RO membrane. Water comes out of the RO membrane and then into the second activated carbon cylinder. The storage vessel is usually connected at this point (where the RO membrane connects to the second activated carbon cylinder).

The RO membrane also has a waste outlet, usually black, which needs to discharge into your drain.

Without seeing it, this is about as much as I can tell you.

Reply to
Grunff

You haven't exactly done badly so far old chap. :)))

Many thanks for the help so far. I will try to get a picture of it up somewhere but don't have a clue how.

Cheers. :))

Reply to
EricP

You can email me a pic if you wish.

If you want to get it back into service, you're going to need a new RO membrane and new activated carbon cartridges. These will be difficult to get unless you can identify a manufactuurer. Are there any lables/plates on it?

Reply to
Grunff

Many thanks for this. I will try within the next day or so. :))

The thing is largely anonymous except one of the white cartridges has a blue arrow and "12G90S" on it. The other has similar but illegible.

The bottle has a warning about tampering, a date code of "11228389" on it and "140X99"

The construction seems a bit cheap compared to the usual ones your comments led me to find. The cartridges are clipped to the board and connected by push-fit or screw/olive pipe connectors. It does work well though because I remember it being used.

Reply to
EricP

Most units these days use 8mm pushfit pipes between the cartridges.

I think your only chance of getting parts will be if it uses standard sized carts, 8" or 10".

Reply to
Grunff