water tank monster

Hi all

Long time, no post!

Where is IMM btw? Gone or re-incarnated? I did like his (unpopular) idea of 2 combis. Although he was as crazy as a selfsmokin fish.

We have a thirsty monster in the hot water tank. Turn on anything attached to it and there is a significant few second delay before owt appears from the tap. We have been here around 10 yrs and this is a first. Should I be worried and looking for leaks?

ta Suz

And Happy New Year to all.

Reply to
Suz

Metamorphosed into 'Doctor Evil'...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Dr Drivel these days.

This is probably an air lock because the tank ran dry during a long run of the bath etc. If all else fails, a length of hose between a mains cold tap and a hot water tap will usually resolve it.

Likewise, although it is May.

I suppose it could be Happy New Year now if you work for the Inland Revenue. Actually thinking about it, nobody works at the Inland REvenue. They just show up every day and receive attendance allowance.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Where does the air go then? Would it not be pushed back into the tank?

Reply to
Suz

That's the whole idea!

Reply to
Paul King

..this woman has a monster ..it lives in her big tank ..it drinks up all her water ..as it drank and drank and drank

..she opens up the tap, to see if it is wet ..looking up the hole she sees there is no water yet

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

appears from

between a

along with the water. And if you overdo it, the tank overflows. Realise that overflows arent always plumbed up sensibly, and when they are they dont always carry the necessary flowrate, so best backflush with one eye on the tank.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

It really is amazing what an undergraduate armed with a rhyming dictionary and a perl script can come up with, isn't it.

There's got to be a future for him writing children's TV programmes and greetings card verses.

Owain

Reply to
Owain